Monday, January 17, 2011

day one

at my first day interning at french connection, i was quite nervous. surprisingly, my anxiety had nothing to do with what i was wearing. i chose my outfit the day i bought that navy "coatigan" from topshop. i wore that with black high-waisted pleated pants, my black j.crew bandlier booties, and my favorite long necklace. i pilled on some gold bangles and my lulu frost bracelet. it was really simple, but street chic as well. however, i need to stock up on some french connection gear, when i find some time to shop! 

the work itself was quite fun! i learned the merchandising system for categorizing inventory, production, and suppliers. mostly i will be looking at supply orders and making sure they arrive in stores when they need to. i also got to rearrange some of the menswear to prepare for range show on thursday. that was quite fun, however; tomorrow might be long as i have to go through each piece and tag it. i'm quite excited for range day though! apparently on wednesday rob and i (he's my boss) will be going to the french connection store on oxford street to find me an outfit for thursday! i cannot wait!







No comments:

Post a Comment